Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear that you can change the early Mustang front end for the later 5.0 styles.I personally have a 86" LX notch back and I wanna know exactly what do I do to go about doing that ? I need to know what years in perticular and if possible some back ground info on how that works. Thanks,

~Blackbob~

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm going to venture a guess you are meaning sheetmetal to the next years bodystyle. Yes it can be done with little or no problem. Go out and find a '87+ mustang and get the sheetmetal. Both fenders and front end. They should just bolt directly up after you remove the old ones. Its been a long time since I've even looked at one of these, but I do beleive they just swap out with little problem.

HK

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

so basily I half to take off both forn t quarter panels and the front end off the car and swap it for a 87 plus ? Because the 87 style started in mid 86 you know ?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yes, its just a basic unbolt a rebolt. For future questions, there are no "front quarter panels" they are fenders. Just find the front end style you want, remove your and bolt up the new sheet metal.

HK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts