Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I smell like a hotrod!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought loaded calipers (1976 MII) from Oreillys, and these
have got to be the worst instructions I have ever seen. Anyways, In the box is a bar about 3" long it's thin and had a 90 degree bend on each end. Also in the box is a little clip. I am sure these two parts hold the one pad in place,but I don't know how it set's up. Does anyone have a picture or can explain how these go togehter? I will try to get pics up of these parts by tonight.

·
I smell like a hotrod!
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, this may help a little. In the photo there are some parts circled in red, and I don't have these parts and don't know how they fit together with the rest of the assembly.

The yellow circle are a couple flat bars that I have, but do not know how they work with the system.

These are just pictures I picked up and not actually what I have.
If anyone has put together an old style mustang II caliper please get with me I am about to pull my hair out.

Attachments

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
The bars and springs mount at the bottom of the caliper. The spring rests over the bar and you tap them in from one side.

Mount the caliper top to the caliper mounting bracket (just slips in). Put one spring over one of the slide brackets and start to slide in from the side at the bottom of the caliper. It will have to be tapped in with a hammer and drift. When the bracket is centered under the caliper, use one of the smaller bolts to lock it in position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts