Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mustang II front end and the rubber covers over the ball joints are very cracked and broken. Is it possible to replace these covers without removing/replacng the ball joints? If so, where can I get the covers.

Also, it appears that the pistons in the brake calipers are not fully covered by the pads, as they are in my wife's Subaru. Everything seems tight, in order and properly fit. Is this the way it was or is something amiss? The brakes seem to work fine.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
5window said:
I have a Mustang II front end and the rubber covers over the ball joints are very cracked and broken. Is it possible to replace these covers without removing/replacng the ball joints? If so, where can I get the covers.
You can get ball joint/tie rod boots from vendors such as PST.

Also, it appears that the pistons in the brake calipers are not fully covered by the pads, as they are in my wife's Subaru. Everything seems tight, in order and properly fit. Is this the way it was or is something amiss? The brakes seem to work fine.
This is normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.