Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 350 not built yet but i just painted it and Got it back from the Machine shop bout two months ago.

Keith Black Pistons, supposed to be 9:1 compression.
Bored 0.030
280H Comp cam
performance valve job
new valves
Air gap Intake

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Looks like a nice start. Me and my friend are redoing a 307 right now and we did the nice Chevy orange paint too. That stuff really looks nice! We painted the pan black and polished the intake. Let me tell you polish that alu. intake up o man does it ever shine makes the engine look like a nice show engine. Something to do while you wait for parts or the machine shop lots of time but well worth it!

Clue us in on your plans for the engine or what it's going in. Im sure lots of people would like to know but hey great start and good luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for now its going in an 87 S-10, but i'm gonna be selling my truck in july 2005 probably and keepin the motor. I want to find either a
1. 50-51 Merc
2. 50-55 Chevy
3. 36-39 buick, chevy, or Olds 2dr. sedan
3. 46-57 Chevy truck

So its goin in one of them after i get one of em. lol.

I was gonna bag my truck and do a whole bunch of minitruck stuff to it, but i want something worth putting the money into. Plus i really like the led sled look.

I plan on having the motor in and the truck running by December, January the latest.

The orange on the engine isnt even "Chevy Orange" strikingthematch. Me and my dad went to "AutoZone" just to get like an undercoat/primer for the engine so it didnt rust. Then we were gonna spray a light coat of "Hemi Orange." But When i sprayed it on, me and my dad liked it so much that we decided to keep it. Its not a shinny color. its kinda in between "Chevy Orange" and "Hemi Orange." I wanted to make it a Clean looking Engine so i took my time and let each coat dry thuroughly. I've had friend paint their engine and it comes out with runs and some parts are higher than others. So i wanted to make mine nice.

well i'll stop talkin now. lol, i talk alot sometimes, hehe:D

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
hard to tell in the picures but yea a nice smooth paint job looks great. The key is to let all coats get tacky and then spray next coat on till shiny. I painted mine (photos in gal. The 307 that im rebuilding that way and it turned out great lol. Good luck!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Looks as though you are doing that in the kitchen,my brother built an engine in his kitchen,he is now divorced.He did that knowing it would be the final straw instead of just asking for a divorce.The pics. are good.I painted mine with a rattle can.Pics are in the gallery on the stand and in the ride.Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
:confused: why put it in a truck if you plan on ripping it out in less than a year?? Just put it in something and leave it there, moving engines isn't really that good for them...

K

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Gettheledout said:
Well for now its going in an 87 S-10, :D
Have fun, I stuck my 327 in an '85 S-10 to break it in. Traction was lousy so I got on the computer and devised some changes to the rear suspension. I ended up snapping the frame (I did get the front wheels off the ground though!!).

Now its in an '85 Firebird with a tube chassis and 4 link rear. Hasn't broke yet (wish I could say that for rear ends though).

Good luck on the build.

·
Registered
159 Posts
whats the best way to polish an intake manifold i have a performer RPM

·
Registered
159 Posts
thanks pal

·
Registered
28 Posts
KillerFormula,

I'm curious as to what you mean by"moving engines isn't really that good for them".

Are you saying that we should'nt just pull a motor and swap it into a different vehicle?

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
I think he means that if you move an engine in and out there is a greater chance that something will get broke out of wack or not work right then just putting it in getting it working and leaving it like that.

·
StreetRods Rock
34 Posts
strikingthematch

I would be interested in your how to method of polishing. Also do you have a completed polished pictures.

thanks
Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FOCUS PEOPLE, haha, JK.

i'm putting it in the s-10 now b/c its for a graduation project. If i dont do the project, i fail, which means i cant go to WyoTech when i plan, so, thats bad as you can see.

So, im trying to get it done and over with so i dont have to have it in the truck for long. Or have the truck for long. I found a 49 chevy sedan for $3200, so i think im gonna look into that. if i sell my truck i can probably get enough money.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What kind of headers are those? I need a set that dumps out at the rear. Anyway you could get me a part# and price? Or maybe also a pic of it that shows how far out they will stick out from the engine on the sides?
I need a rear dump, close fit header and those look like it. HG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts