Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jon and I'm from Pa. I have a 1940 Merc Sedan 2 door. I've been working on it for about a year now. I have finally reached the age where my kids have grown and I have some time for myself. I have liked Street Rods since I was a youngster.My brothers who are older have Street Rods too. We get together whenever we can...They live in Maine and Mass. so it's difficult to hook up often.We have plans this year for Columbus,Ohio, York, Pa. and Burlington,Vt.

I changed the 4 barrel carb recently to a Holley Avenger 670. I'm having a problem with it. At slow speeds when I start to accelerate in pauses a little and it's pissing me off. It should run like a new car and doesn't..It's a Chevy 350 SB and ran better with the old carb. Someone said to adjust the accelarator pump and that should fix it.Well I have tried that several times and it hasn't gotten any better. So I keep playing around with it..I won't quit till I get it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotrodders

thanks for welcoming me to HotRodders... I travel alot with me job so I'm not always available but I have a laptop this week. Looking forward to post questions and responses here.

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts