Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a floor shifter. The shifter works in all the other gears except for park. When I put it in park it just wants to roll like it is in Neutral. The previous owner had a extender on the linkage but I took it off because the shifter plate wouldn't fit with it on there. I was just seeing if anyone knew what the problem might be.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Park is a tight gear while the others have some play in them. If your linkage is off you can have the thing remain in netural and roll back.
Been there done that I had the thing pop into reverse. Only cost me a rim but could have been much worse.

If your off in park that means your off in drive. Being off in drive can cause transmission issues.

A adjustable linkage can be made with a simple threaded rod with heim ends bent to fit your needs. Or you can run a aircraft push pull cable.

You need that linkage tight in park making sure it goes all the way down to 1 or the lowest spot on the shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.