Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , I was just wondering if anyone might be able to help me out . I am getting a posi tract rearend from a friend and I am wanting to put the rearend in my 86 buick regal, I have never delt with changing rearends out and I was wondering if the camaro rearend would bolt up to the regal or will I have to do any kind of fabricating ? Any help would be greatly appreciated .

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
If its a 10 bolt and the new one is a 10 bolt your find just changing the center section. or same goes with a 12 bolt...just change the center section...pull the cover...remove the C-clips and of course remove the tires and pull the axles and remove the drive shaft and nut and yoke end and pull the center section. Or are you talking changing out the whole rear-end for the new rear-end? In that case make sure all the old and new suspension hookups/brackets are the same. Watch out for the springs...put a rope on them...they will fall out once you drop the links to let the rear-end down.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buick

Hey thanks for replying tm454 . I actually just want to change all the components out if the bolt patterns are the same . If they are not the same I guess I will have to change the whole thing out . Mainly I just wondered about swapping components I was not sure if buick and chevy rearend components were compatible . I guess it would make sense they are both gm . Well thanks for the info tm454. I know I always have some kind of question I can't answer I am just glad someone is willing to try to help me answer it . Much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts