Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of resurrecting a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup that has been sitting for 6 or 7 years to use as a wood hauler. It has a 292 six in it and I was in the process of putting the carburetor back on it when I dropped the hard-to-reach inside nut. Do you think I could find that nut? Heck no as hard as I searched I have no idea where it rolled off to. Of course the darn nut has to be fine threaded and I do not have one that size on hand. I really did not want to make a special trip into town just for one little nut so I proceeded to walk all over the place looking for one I could rob off of something else I have sitting around. I finally found just the right nut on the top of a Ford Granada shock. I used it to install the carburetor and that old Chevy six is really running great! I should have it on the road in another couple of days. Must be that Ford part.

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WakBordr7387 said:
Now when something else goes wrong on your truck, you can blame ford for it. :p

Brad
I should put something off a Mopar on it next. :D Maybe a hood ornament. :D

I have a Dodge pickup that had a really rusty box on it. I had a real nice Chevy box that I bought for a Chevy pickup but I ended up selling the Chevy before I got the box put on it. It worked pretty good on the Dodge even though it looked a little strange. I thought about putting a Ford engine in it to make it a big three pickup.

My 74 Chevy pickup has 2 Dodge hubcaps on it, I didn't put them on it, they were on there when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
CrashFarmer2 said:
I am currently in the process of resurrecting a 1978 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup that has been sitting for 6 or 7 years to use as a wood hauler. It has a 292 six in it and I was in the process of putting the carburetor back on it when I dropped the hard-to-reach inside nut. Do you think I could find that nut? Heck no as hard as I searched I have no idea where it rolled off to. Of course the darn nut has to be fine threaded and I do not have one that size on hand. I really did not want to make a special trip into town just for one little nut so I proceeded to walk all over the place looking for one I could rob off of something else I have sitting around. I finally found just the right nut on the top of a Ford Granada shock. I used it to install the carburetor and that old Chevy six is really running great! I should have it on the road in another couple of days. Must be that Ford part.
What does that tell you? :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.