Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.3 1951 (1).jpg 5.3 1951 (1).jpg

5.3 1951 (2).jpg

5.3 1951 (3).jpg i turned the factory air intake around, ran it through the cab to the normally unused vent on the side of the cab. everything on top is pvc pipe, fiberglass, muffler tips and the chevy emblem on the front is the original horn button that came in the truck. this is a stock 2001 silverado 5.3. then i tok big block valve covers to hide the ugly coil packs

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
77 Posts
Looks real good. Do the big block covers just fit over the existing LS ones?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used same old plastic filing crates to make brackets to mount the bb covers over the coil packs. that was 5 years ago. ive been told you can buy kits now that do the same thing

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
5.3 cleanup

I will have to agree that the LSx truck intake is a bit ugly. That's why they make hoods for street rods! On my '39 I smoothed the intake, painted it the same color as the car but have not covered the coils...yet. After 5 years I guess you don't have a coil overheating problem? You did a good job redesigning the intake and it's takes a while to understand what it actually is. Also like the idea of turning the intake around. Wish I had that option.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts