Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a old school hotrodder, I am 65 years young. I started out hpiing up six cylinder chevrolet and gmc engines in the early sixties. I had a 320 cubic inch gmc "302" engine with a chet herbet roller cam and five ( yes, five )stromberg 97 carbs on a mcGurk manifold. I ran this in a 1937 chevrolet sedan, I used a packard transmission and a pontiac rear end. i was getting ther until burglers decided to help themselves to most of my engine and power train. I lost heart and interest in this project after that, but in the mean time I had purchase a 1955 chevy convertible from the junk yard. The front end was gone and the fram was bent. I puchasea 1955 chevy 2 door sedan police car from a friend's friend and used the frame and front end from it. nether car had a engine or transmission. I purchased a corvette engine from a salvage yard and I got a transmission from a friend and had it rebuilt with close ratio gears. It ran pretty good with that combo. I painted the car black ( chevy did not offer black in 1955, they were trying two tone colors). I kept up roding chevys, I had a 1960 chevy that I put a 409 motor in it.
Last hot car was a 1964 GTO. Nice car and a runner. ;)

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders.....make yourself at home and enjoy the site. :welcome:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts