Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad news, today my Father just passed today at a hospital in N.C. at 6:45AM from Alzheimer. He was 89. He lived a good life. He join with my Mother.
I will miss him. I LOVE YOU, PAPI......RIP. :(

·
Registered
547 Posts
God Bless him and your mom
My mom , sister and Brother all passed from alzheimers. nasty disease, Hope I'm not next on the list,
condolences to you and your family, Remember the good times with them, they will live on within you,

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Yep I know alzheimers all to well, my dad called it "the monster". My prayers are with you and your family. :(

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regarding your loss

If you and your dad spent time together on cars, that memory can be a source of much peace and harmony in accepting his loss. They are never gone and with you as long as you live. My grandad passed away in 1956 and my siblings and cousins still sit around talking about things he said and did. He will always be with us.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Time and activity is the best thing for you

My mother passed away a few years back. The hurt was almost unbearable. I was fortunate that I had a friend that took me out to his farm every week end to shoot and hunt and staying busy with this was the best therapy there is. What ever you do, don't sit around the house and mope. Get out and do something, anything that will help you thru the pain. Activity and time will be your two best friends. The first 6 months will be the toughest, but it will get better, and you will live a normal life again full of happiness and joy. Most people around you will be afraid to bring it up so its best that you bring it up and talk about the good times you had. It will make you feel better in the long run to talk about it. Don't listen to the people that say you will never get over it. You will always think about your dad, but you will not always hurt over it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
That sucks. My Dad passed away in 2001. He was a mechanic, for many years with United Airlines. You can guess I am kind of a gearhead, or I would not be posting here.

The thing that helped me through the first several months was working on something he was always working on, in my case, an old Ford 8N tractor.

When I am using the tractor, sometimes it brings back memories of him. When I am using the Snap-On tools he left behind, same idea.

The hurt will go away, just not right now.

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know how feels because, it brings back memories of my Mother when I drive my 69 Chevelle. She bought it brand new in June. She passed away in 2007.
She told me stories about driving the Chevelle and the kids wanted to race her, LOL. My Father drove a VW and when ever he had a fender banged up he buy a used one and replace it. You just unbolt the fender and replace the other. :D
I now missed them both now that my Father passed away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.