Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1940 Chevy pick-up "rod project" that looks like it's been passed around a bit over the last few years. Trying to figure out if the work that's already been done is safe or if I need to start fresh.
Stock frame not boxed, 72 Nova front clip, small block Chevy with 400 trans, beautiful cab & doors with no rust or damage anywhere and a tilt forward fiberglass front end that I can't find any information about.

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Welcome to the forum...in order to give you correct information...we need more information...pictures, what's the small block Chevy had done to it, one question I have is what do you mean by a stock frame with a 72 Nova front clip? Is the rear of the frame stock?

Always happy to help

Ray

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I set up an album "1940 Chevy Truck" with some pictures of the truck and some shots of the frame mods. The rear half of the frame looks to be original. Nova front clip and possibly a 70's GM rear end have been fitted to the frame. A small I-steel frame support has been added for the trans support.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Checked your album. You got your work cut out for you. That's gotta be the ugliest front clip job I've ever seen. Look up unsafe in the dictionary and there'll be a pic of that mess!!
I'd start over. Yank the motor tranny, pop off the body and build a new frame. And that booster stuck on the firewall. I'd bet there's no bracing on the firewall to hold that puppy in place. Clip does look like early Nova as does the rearend.
Good bones but you gotta get a better frame!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.