Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup: Getting ready to attempt a window power motor install on my 1999 Pont. Trans Am, and was wondering if anybody had the schematics on it, or could give me a good walk through I could print. Cheapest place I found to install my $45 motor is $120!! Most are $140!
Any help?
Thanks...George

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
If you're just replacing a bad motor you shouldn't need a schematic. The motor should have a plug that is already wired and all you'll have to do is unplug the bad motor and plug in the good one once you're done mounting it.

Centerline

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...

That's what I thought, but a couple of guys said there were parts that were welded in like...?...so I was beginning to worry. Don't want to pay $120-140 for a $45 part.
I'll check it out...thanks...George

·
Registered
290 Posts
Window motor

The window motor & regulator are installed with rivets. You will have to drill those out. The 99 Grand Am should be all togheter motor & regulator so you will have to remove the glass inside the door. You should be able to slide them out thru the rear of the inner door opening.
Cross your fingers some late 99 model GM cars started to get like Buick and you could simply unbolt the window motor.
On the price of the window motor discount parts stores do sell some from $30 to $45 and a Delco Replacement is about $65. I would put the Delco in instead of having to replace the re-man motors every 2 years if your lucky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got one...

Picked up a motor at eBay for $45 already. Hopefully the rivets won't be that bad, or I am off to pay that darn $120...sigh.
I'll check it out in the morning I guess.
Thanks guys...George

·
Registered
290 Posts
window motor

If that motor you got does not work go to your local major parts store like Advance or Auto Zone. Ask for a AC/Delco replacement under $70.00 new, not rebuilt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Window motor...

Thanks...just hoping it doesn't have the rivets...heehee.
George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts