Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my name is ron and im from jackson mi and im glad to find somewhere to talk to other hot rodders. im getting ready to start my s-10 v8 project and would appreiate any one who has done this before that can give me addvise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
S-10 conversion

:welcome: I am an older "new bee" to hot rodding (pushing 60years). My first project is doing a Ford Ranger V-8 conversion. It is supposed to be a relatively strieght forward build. The ranger I am using is a 97. Most of the "manuals " for the build use earlier model rangers and things just don't quite fit (my engine bay is slightly shorter). Parts don't always work as advertised or require a fair amount of tweaking to work. :spank: So make sure parts and kits etc will work with the year S-10 you have. Try to find people who have done it before to communicate with to avoid some of the problems I have run into and ask questions no matter how "dumb". You can go throught some serious change $ in a hurry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello fellow v8 builder

so hello steve!
so what year is your s10, and what kind of motor are you running!
im really exited to get my truck running this summer, ive always wondered how it would run with a healthy v8!
if you have any advise on things to look for or things to or things that may be a problem?
i see your from michigan, where about?
nice talking to you!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.