Hot Rod Forum banner

My Fords Sick!

550 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  lluciano77
Hey, my names Aaron and a buddy of mine refered me to this site. At the moment my 82 mustang 5.0 is pretty sick, my problem is, when my car is running i can take positive wire off the battery and it still runs, but as soon as i turn the headlights on and pull the the positive wire it DIES, stone cold dead. I have tried a lot of things, checked fuses, changed the alt, tried a new battery and checked the wirring for my headlights and i can't find nothing.

Can anybody help me?? :(
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad ground.

If the battery is working with only one wire attached, there must be a leak to ground, or to the postivive post somewhere. Is the battery cracked?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.