Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate spiders. I killed three of these making room in the garage for my white caprice. I was walking around with a can of carb cleaner like John Goodman in Arachnophobia. If any of you remember me talking about the spider that came at me while I was under the car changing my oil, it was one of these.

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
Itsy bitsy spider..............................................It's just a spider man, what are you, a woman?

Sorry girls, didn't mean to insult you.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i hate spiders too. over the past year there have been a few news reports about black widows biting people working on there cars (the cars came from the south or california) one local mechanic had to be rushed to the hospital.

not liking them myself i always am looking out for them when i'm under the car iv'e had my car for over 5 years now but its from arkansas and don't you know that while i was under the car last month taking out the tranny i looked up at the floor and right in front of my face was a dead black widow spider! eeeekk:eek: :eek:

·
Administrator
18,633 Posts
I guess insects bother some people more than others. I grab bees that get inside the car by my windshield and throw them out the window. Easy, if you are quick enough.
Of course, the "old lady" is freakin' out while I am doing this. She keeps saying something about me being allergic.............well, ya gotta do somethin' to tick them off.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
killerformula said:
ha ha, everybody talks tough until the thing is laying on your arm, then its OH * OH * GET THAT %(*$&%$%( OFF OF ME!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

K
AHAHAHA, one summer, about 5 years ago, a really big spider ran up my leg when I was in our shed. I had shorts on, I came out the shed freaking backwards, cursing, trying to knock it off.

·
machinest & A&P Mechanic
363 Posts
lol you guys are funny. i never was afraid of any insects still aint... when i was little (maybe 7 or so) i had a rubber band gun and i used to shoot at paper wasp nests with it... also killed wasps by hand. spiders dont bother me a bit, ants bother me more and some of them have a pretty good pinch. but they only do that when you play with em. ;-)

·
Missing You
300 Posts
poncho62 said:
Sorry girls, didn't mean to insult you.
Its cool with me. I have to kill the spiders for my brother. One night he woke me up to kill one in his bedroom, then he wouldn't go back in there and wound up sleeping in my bed and I had to take the couch!

If you really wanna have some fun, spray them with some spray adhesive first. Watch the little rascals stick to the floor in totally confusion. :thumbup:

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Here is whats messed up.We had a house built,moved into it in Feb 04.The whole neighborhood is covered with spiders.I have killed 5 or 6 of the wolf spiders,13 Black Widows,2 Brown Recluse and several nuisance spiders.I was talking to my builder and he told me that when new subdivisions go up,spiders are real abundant since the pastures are cleared and the earth is dug.The spiders don't bother me,but the wife,and kids are not to cool with them,plus my Rottweiler likes to play with them and I don't know how her immune system would respond to a recluse or widow bite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.