Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been welcomed aboard the Hotrodders.com forum... This would be the part where I am asked to introduce myself.

My interest of cars began very early in life by a father who made his living in the car business, and a fella who owned a Sunoco Gas Station, shortly after my family relocated us here in Tampa, FL... January 1958.

By the time I was a junior in High School I was competiting around local Drag Strips, had built a ground up small block for my `55 Bel-Air 2-door hardtop, and partnered with a friend in a front engine hilborn injected gas dragster that we raced on dragstrips throughout Florida.

Today I propect sponsorship for select Professional Race Teams and my company, entitled, "J. W. & Associates" provides professional marketing, PR, and Promotions services for a variety of companies, though often specific to the High Performance industry.

In my days of touring in professional drag racing I worked exclusively on Supercharged Nitro burning dragsters and Funny Cars, most of those cars are known drivers/cars many of you guys would be familiar with if I named them.

Well... here is my introduction... but before I depart let me ask you folks if you can indentify the well known driver's name of the car in my first image post. I worked for this guy in 1975 when I was 21 and 22 years old.
:welcome:

JWZO6

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Driver Is?

Hi Poncho62: Garlits would be correct! Now I guess I have officially participated in my first post here at Hotrodders.com

JWZO6

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Been to the museum in Ocala a couple of times....Great place to stop on the way down south. Was hoping to meet him there one time, but no such luck. A buddy of mine met him at his house when he used to have the museum there.........about 1980, I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
howdy

Just wanted to say Howdy, I just signed up a couple minutes ago. Nice shot of Big Daddy, looks like she was running plenty rich !!! I do have a question, If a guy wanted to have a custom crank built for an experimental engine who could he talk to without having to sell his house to pay for it ?!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Custom Crank!

I now represent a Crate Engine builder who is located in Rancho Cordova, CA and I believe we could get you in touch with the best source for your crankshaft needs... Please provide me with a phone number and I will contact you on my nickel... Please email me back at [email protected] with the phone # and I will give you a lead or 2.

Thanks,

JW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts