Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a Eagle 60 gallon single stage that puts out [email protected], i been using a 20gallon that puts out [email protected] so the new one should be nice. i wish i had some help getting it off the back of my truck, its a heavy sucker. my shop crane didn't go high enough to get it off so i had alot of heavy work. hmmm now where to put it :D

What kind of sealant is used for the pressure gauge? can i just use Teflon tape? i had to remove it so i could wrap a chain under the top mounting plate to move the compressor in the garage with the crane.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
montea said:
just picked up a Eagle 60 gallon single stage that puts out [email protected], i been using a 20gallon that puts out [email protected] so the new one should be nice. i wish i had some help getting it off the back of my truck, its a heavy sucker. my shop crane didn't go high enough to get it off so i had alot of heavy work. hmmm now where to put it :D

What kind of sealant is used for the pressure gauge? can i just use Teflon tape? i had to remove it so i could wrap a chain under the top mounting plate to move the compressor in the garage with the crane.

Teflon tape should be fine. I believe (not 110% sure so don't take this as gospel truth) that all they used in the factory was Teflon tape. That's all mine had. And that's what I used to seal the hose to the regulator too. No problems so far.

In a while, Chet.

·
1976 Ranchero GT
1,455 Posts
Oh yeah! That is the last compressor you will buy I bet. Very nice. I like Teflon tape better than anything else I have tried for air lines. Pipe joint compound goo always starts leaking when I have used that. :thumbup:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
The teflon tape is fine....just be careful that you place it so none will get over the end of the fiting. Great looking compressor.....boy Santa was good to you! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definately teflon tape, I've Used a few different compounds and i can easily say tape is the way to go, no mess and if you ever change your line setup it releases easily. My new shop had existing lines running everywhere, when i changed them to a non polish setup (no offense guys) three of the nipples broke from some grey compound they used, so I'm sticking to tape from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts