Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friends...

I have been gone quite a while now. I have gone many miles. Seen many things. Learned much about life and now I have come to a crossroad. A major intersection in my journey down this highway called life.

Well, I understand that this is quite an opening paragraph. For those who are interested I will fill you all in on what I have seen, done, and where I am headed with all of this.

Just not untill I get back from " The Zone" . If you guys need some parts give me a call at work. 530 676 4035. It may be my last week at AutoZone. I will be there until 8:30 pm .

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts
Holy Bob Seger, Batman!

Good to know you're sill kicking. Whats going on? How's the nova coming along?

:thumbup:

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
that great big ricer wing tipped over behind you at the register, and missed your head but you were typing into the computer and the wing hit the keyboard and smashed them, right?

the AutoZone near my house has miserable service (I was in line waiting to check out and the employee chatted away with the person ahead of me for 8 minutes. I put my stuff down and left.)

They also sell ricer ("Imoport Tuner") parts up the wazoo.:drunk:

ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
that great big ricer wing tipped over behind you at the register, and missed your head but you were typing into the computer and the wing hit the keyboard and smashed them, right?

the AutoZone near my house has miserable service (I was in line waiting to check out and the employee chatted away with the person ahead of me for 8 minutes. I put my stuff down and left.)

They also sell ricer ("Imoport Tuner") parts up the wazoo.:drunk:
Plus, there's the speed shop, which is kind of pricey, but I go there most of the time just to support the little guys.:thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...

I will cut to the chase. I have been working way too hard. 80 hours a week has caught up to me. Yes... I admit, I am ready for more money and less work. And now I have to decide if I want to change my direction in lofe abruptly.

My primary job for U-Haul international has lead to new opportunity. I can become an Area Field Manager for Reno, Carson City, Tahoe, Sparks and Gardenerville as well as the surrounding areas. I will get a decent salary. 1 to 3 k potential bonus(gross) per month.

All I have to do is uproot and move 150 miles away. Oh yeah, I would have to work 6 days a week also. I don't know guys...

I have got a 50/50 response from friends and family as far as whether to go or not.

For the money? For the fame? Because I could advance further?

I dont know. I just have to decide by thursday morning. 8 a.m.

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
From what you have said it sounds like a good opportunity.

My thinking is that it is better to work more when you are young ( and save some of the money ) so you can enjoy it when you are older and don't have to work as much.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Word up my home-skillets!

Just finished my "last" day of training.

I told the guy I wanted the job. However i spent a lot of time going over the downsides of the job and i think he took that as a sign of me not being to enthusiastic.

I dont know guys. I am going to come up with a decision tonight before bed. I have to tell my boss yyes or no at 8 am. then I have to give a 3 week notice to autozone that nite at work.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
If the job is something you dont think you'll like then you should turn the job down. Do something you love. Not something you hate or not sure of. Make a list of things you love to do and then look for jobs in that field. It will make you a happier person in the long run and your talent willl really show.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Go for the money and most of all the experience. You can always get another AutoZone job. Before long you'll have a job that will last for years and probably absolutely hate.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I agree with Kevin,
Go for the new job, increased responsibility and do a great job. Show the folks a good output and increase production, sales (whatever positive influence you can have in the job) and then take it to the next level. Look back at California and see what jobs will be at the next level and have a goal to accomplish what is required to take that job.

Also look at experiencing with one company and that may lead you to look at another company later on. No limit as long as you deep a positive outlook on the whole situation.

Glad to see ya still around.

Dutch

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Just moving out of California is a pay raise! I assume you will be moving to Nevada since that seems to be your area of responsibility. Another thought is your hours may not be reduced as much as you are anticipating. In order to attain the bonus carrots, you may have to invest more time above and beyond. Right now it seems as though you can only gain from the move. Showing the boss you are willing to accept more responsibility is the way to keep growing with a company.

Go for it.

Trees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts