Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the old top end parts of my cousins 69 327 there was about 5k on the engine when we built up th top end. Any way I bought the weiand Accelerator intake and stock heads (1.94/150 valves) and a Mallory unilite dist. The car actually ran pretty strong with the single plane intake. I'm planning on using these on my 355 that is going into my 63 gasser. I know the heads are not real good but they will have to do until I can get a set of better heads ( I know a guy that will port them for some beer) with a four hole spacer and crane 278 cam .467 lift and 222* duration. I'm going to get the heads surfaced and add flat top pistons (approx 9.5:1 comp) would this be a decent combo or will I be REALLY disappointed???

·
Registered
7 Posts
would this be a decent combo or will I be REALLY disappointed???
[/QUOTE]

In a light 63 Nova with the right gear this might be a hoot! I have to agree that 300-325hp might be what your looking at also depends on your altitude. I live at 6000ft and give away about 20% before getting out of bed. :(

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
SBC parts

As long as you are going to rework the heads I have a new set of stainless 2.02&1.6 valves $95 including shipping from a project I didn't finish also have a new cam & springs too.PM me, I'll :welcome: :D make you a killer package deal!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In a light 63 Nova with the right gear this might be a hoot! I have to agree that 300-325hp might be what your looking at also depends on your altitude. I live at 6000ft and give away about 20% before getting out of bed. :([/QUOTE]
Dart S/R torquers may be on the list if I'm not happy with the power numbers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I just checked the heads I just bought they are "487" with 1.94 valves. If I gasket match them with the comp 230/.480 cam as stated above this should make a decent combo???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts