Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just now starting a project on 73' SS Nova and my rear end is in pieces. I don't have clue where to start putting it together. I can't find a book to help me get started but I really just need something to go by to make sure everything is there. Its a posi trac 10 bolt rear end and I would really appreciate someones advice on where to start or how to get a book on it cause none of the book stores here have one. If you could just e-mail me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!!

· Registered
2,455 Posts
expanded rear end

Go to the library, and see if they have any MOTORS Manuals. Find the appropriate year and have them photo copy the pages you need. Also make sure you get the table of clearances and preloads as well.
IF that doesnt work, check your local auto parts stores for either Chiltons book or Motors Manuals.

I would also highly suggest you get ahold of a buddy that has some differential experience to tutor you through it. Rear ends are very precision and require some special guages to set them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.