Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
A different breed
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally back to the roller stage. I just wanted to show off a little of what I've accomplished. Just about everything is powdercoated.

Let me know what you think. Even if its "not your cup of tea."

·
A different breed
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have all that much invested in it. But it takes dedication. When my friends go to the movies, or whatever, I don't go, I save my money. I made a fair amount of money selling the mini choppers I built. And I build parts for people, and market that the best I can.

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
919 Posts
Dude! Knock it off, you depressing me! I'm 42 and your making what I do look like crap! :)

If that's going to be your "daily driver" I can't wait to see what you build next.

Keep up the good work, looks awsome! (And it is my style too)

·
A different breed
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. This is intended to be a daily, we'lll see how that goes. No idea what I'll build next, but I don't want to sell this to build it.

Protowrxs said:
Looks great man..

Haven't you done nearly all the work yourself?

Amazing how fast you're moving along.

-Stephen
So far the only thing I have outsourced is the powdercoating. Everything else has literally been done in my garage. I think I'll outsource getting the seats covered too, but that should be it.

GMCTRUCKS said:
For being 18 your doing great what body is going on it and is that a 4 banger and what type is it again looks GREAT.
It is a 4-banger. Its a Toyota 20R with a smog legal header, and an RV cam. And its rebuilt now with the stock bore because it was just fine. Should be peppy enough for the small truck it is.

And this is the body going on it.

The bottom of the cab is Por 15'd and the engine bay is painted. It will be going back ont he frame next Saturday. Then the first goal is to get it running, then body mods and bodywork begins.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I'm with Arrowhead. You're putting us old geezers to shame. Obviously you ARE very dedicated and your attention to detail is really paying off. It's been a great education for all of us watching you build this thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello
Your frame /work looks fantastic. For being only 18 yrs old, you should be very proud of yourself........it really looks good
take care
Tom

·
Registered
547 Posts
Really professional looking work,, I think you will go far in the automotive field,,, don't let that talent go to waste,, :thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congratulations! You epitomize why the definition of 'hotrod' should include whatever your soul tells you to do to your rig, as long as you're following your own vision and putting your heart into it. Well done! Thanks for showing us! Very impressive work.

·
A different breed
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks derm, thats what I was going for.

I took a picture of it lifted up today.

This is 100 lbs all around, about 10 inches at the bottom of the frame.

Also cleaned up the driveshaft and put it in.

And got the inside of the cab and the back wall coated in Por 15.

I think it looks really good. Once its dry I'll lay down the seam sealer, and put down some sound deadener.

And all thats left now before the cab can go on, is putting the fuel and brake lines on! So pretty soon I'll have a picture of it looking somewhat like a truck again.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
I see someone headed for their own business very shortly :thumbup: For your first build and doing it by yourself, I am very impressed. The attention to detail is fantastic. You are definatley headed to better things. Just make sure you keep a album with start to finish pics for your portfolio. All you have to do is show that and you will be guaranteed a job somewhere if you don't start your own business shortly. Great work!!

Kevin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does your Pop's help you with the work at all? The truck is looking great. Nice to see some fellow rodders in the sonoma county area.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts