Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of doing one of those S-10/Advance Design Chevrolet creations.

Here is the way the truck sits now. Wheels are 20" Centerlines.

Here are my crazy assed headers. Building these things was a royal pain in the ***! :)

The brake booster complicated things.

The rear tube couldn't go up and over due to the column and the booster..........so it goes DOWN and makes a full loop before joining up with the other tubes!

I am not 100% on running the seats out of the jaguar xjs donor.

We recycled the original column and wheel. Not 100% sure what is going to happen with the dash either. S-10 pedal assy has been cleaned up, trans tunnel started, floors started

I'm proud of my column drop. Pedal assembly welds will get finished when it comes time to paint. From the driver seat, you cant see the bracket that holds the pedal.

Dad's dog checkin' stuff out.

Do all AD hoods stand up like this?

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
What's the damn HAMB sticker doing on there?.................. :D :D

Looks good........not fussy on the wheels, but to each their own. Why did you do the headers like that?...To make them equal length?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poncho62 said:

Looks good........not fussy on the wheels, but to each their own. Why did you do the headers like that?...To make them equal length?
partially for equal length reasons and partially for ****s-n-giggles

·
Crazier By The Minute
113 Posts
good start

Are you going to have running boards and steel bed. A friend of mine has a 51 and he raised the floor of the bed to make it work. Bud

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
busterwivell said:
What? You guys have a problem with the HAMB Alliance?
Don't even get me started on Ryan and some of his close "buddies". Nothing against any particular HAMB members but let's just say there are some who don't care for the games Ryan has played in the past and we aren't about to let bygones be bygones. If you really want to know.... ask him why the Rodders Roundtable (not to be confused with the Rodding Roundtable) isn't around anymore.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
busterwivell said:
So then it is OK to be a HAMBer and on here, too?

poncho62 said:
See the smiley faces....That means it was a joke.................I am a HAMB member too, although, I won't pay to be one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry, I did indeed miss them. I didn't want to get into any controversy here, I'm new. I look closer for smiley's from now on.....or not take things so seriously, LOL

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
busterwivell said:
So then it is OK to be a HAMBer and on here, too?
All HAMBers are welcome at HotRodders.

Just keep in mind that this place is allot more "establishment" oriented so stuff (language) that's OK on the HAMB won't fly here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Centerline, got it.......will comply

Flipper, sorry to hijack...........love what you're doin' with that truck! Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
advanced design said:
I do like the truck project - and those headers. Dumb question, is the chassis an S-10?

Oh, my AD hood will stand like that.

Yep, it's a 91 extended cab S-10 w/ a 79 Camaro rear end.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
Hey flipper, nice start on the truck. Hope to see more pics of it in process. I don't cruise this section of HRBB very often but I might have to start. :welcome:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
55 dude said:
just curious on a few things: why did you use a 79' camaro rearend and was it a bolt in swap.thanks :D
I needed the width in the rear to move the rear tires out. ....I made the truck fit the wheels instead of the way most people do it.

Not a bolt in. Also I built a 1.5" drop into the spring perches.

The same 79 camaro donated the engine and trans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have to cut the frame down some to meet the wheelbase of the truck? I was going to try and use an s-10 reg cab frame and extend it to meet the wheelbase length. Didn't know if I should just hunt the xtra cab and use it instead.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts