Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
brains
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Living in florida, I was one of the lucky few that Hurricane Frances missed and to my luck last weekend I was able to finish up my chassis, motor, and rear end. I figured I would show my progress before the new hurricane Ivan comes through and wipes out everything I own. Now its nothing like the pro's do, but I made it all myself... with alot of help from you guys with suspension questions. With some luck Ivan will pass me and I will have more photos to show.

Thanks for those of you who help with many of my questions

Ben

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Everything looks very clean and neat. Except you might wanna do something about that orange filter sticking out of the block. I hear they are bad for the engines health ;).

I too hope the Hurricane passes you by as I'd love to see more photos of this project down the road.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you right click on the picture itself, go to 'properties' and you will see the full hyperlink to the actual pic. It will have a few extra random characters on the end that you don't want, so highlight and copy everything from (http:// or www.) to (.jpg or .gif or .bmp)

Then click the button above while you are typing your post and paste the link (minus those extra characters)

Nice stroker! :thumbup:

MoocH

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Tell you what...if your arm isn't long enough, get a board and pat yourself on the back. Yor project looks great!

What body are you planning on?

G** be with you in your hurricane attracting area and keep us posted.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
I agree looks kickass man :D good job...hopefully ivan passes you over this time also........LOL I like the NO FEAR sticker on the front fender of that spree MANLY MAN, Is that purple I see hehehe ....Just yankin yer chain:thumbup:... Have a good one Brains Take Care.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Looks nice Ben. Remind me what this chassis is for agian. I would try to do some work on that drive shaft angle. It looks real bad.

Good luck with the hurricane.

·
brains
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it just looks that way because the driveshaft is not bolted to the rear end, the driveshaft loop in holding it up. It an 87 suzuki samurai jeep, I wanted to do this because they are so light should be right at 2000lbs with me in it.

·
Im trying to have an idea!
380 Posts
guess this the thing that will be flyin down the street
who is that hotty putting that water pump on... :thumbup:

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Let's see, today's dilemma - should I park the Ferrari in front, the Samurai, the "Z", the pickup or the scooter.....? I know, I'll build a bigger shop! Looks like you're getting cramped there Brains!

Nice job, anxious to see it finished!

Larry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts