Hot Rod Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
notch in the TCI drum was just a balancing cut, it has no other function. You don't need to worry about it or duplicate it when you substitute a different drum..
I've seen them both with and without, and sometimes 2 notches like that of different sizes.
Ok cool thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I order the sonnax ring, after talking to some 1 at there shop nice guy to. TCI drum has 2 slot cut in but don't where this could catch anything. My old drum 1 don't have this cut in. Also the spring hold plate Tci is a little shorter to hold 5 clutches so moving this over to my old drum is this ok. Do you think it's ok to use the old drum in the TCI trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can use the 5 clutch piston in your drum. Yes you can use your drum in that trans,no problem.
The later drums have the slots,the earlier ones had 1 or 2 holes drilled just above the bushing.I’m sure they did this to increase oil to the bushing when they changed to the bronze bushing on the later transmissions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The band that go's around the drum is this the right way I install it. I could not find any clear pictures that show this or video's. When I loosen up the valve body- towards the inside of the drum there's little rod like thing that pushes in and out. I push this in to get the band to seat close to the bottom and the rod kinda fits in the welled part of the bands. The last picture the band is sitting on top of the rod thing.

Attachments

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,390 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
another question, the big ring go's to the bottom, and the big c clip ring where do this go. i took pics before man can't find the file of pics on my computer.
also a few days a cat jump on me from behind why i was using a table saw cut 2 fingers typing with 1 hand. "O" what's bolts torque for the valve body and pump front bolts.

Attachments

·
True Hotrodder
1,662 Posts
That's your front backing plate and the c-clip fits in the notch just above it's edge to hold it in place.

Can't say nothing about the cat deal - I only ever had one cat that was a cool dude - the rest - not so much.

Reactions: jagco and 123pugsy

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have the clutch pack in,pull it out, the backing plate goes in first than a friction plate,than a steel plate,friction,steel,friction ending with a steel plate. The wavy ring sits on top of the last steel plate. It doesn’t lock into anything it just sits on the steel plate. Now you’re ready for the pump.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks to tall, this my 1st time ever pulling a trans apart. heavy ring on the bottom, c-clip big ring on top, on my old 350 trans the plates tab have a notch in them.
the tci plates don't have this - do this matter. "O" trying to find the ring seal rings the lower 1 is rip been looking online but can't find this.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks to tall, this my 1st time ever pulling a trans apart. heavy ring on the bottom, c-clip big ring on top, on my old 350 trans the plates tab have a notch in them.
the tci plates don't have this - do this matter. "O" trying to find the ring seal rings the lower 1 is rip been looking online but can't find this.
The notch doesn’t matter. Look for a TH350 Teflon ring kit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I.m back typing with 1 hand now. The tbc th350 don't have any check balls under the valve body, why is this can some 1 explain this to me. This is a forward manual trans tci 312000
Or should there any check balls Installed.

·
True Hotrodder
1,662 Posts
I assume you meant the TCI valve body - if TCI didn't put any check balls in, then they have the separator plate / VB modified in the manner that they wanted and do not need them. All of the aftermarket VBs that I have used in this transmission do not use any - ATI, FTI, Hughes and BTE.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I assume you meant the TCI valve body - if TCI didn't put any check balls in, then they have the separator plate / VB modified in the manner that they wanted and do not need them. All of the aftermarket VBs that I have used in this transmission do not use any - ATI, FTI, Hughes and BTE.
Man thank so much learning a lot.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
another question, i how do you turn this trans i have into a revers manual vs the forward manual i have now.

·
Administrator
9,902 Posts
another question, i how do you turn this trans i have into a revers manual vs the forward manual i have now.
Requires a different valve body for a reverse shift pattern. Shifter may need a different shift gate plate for the change

41 - 57 of 57 Posts