Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 350 Chevelle with upper end updates that probably puts out 350 plus hp and revs at 3000 rpm at 75mph. I would like to replace trans with an overdrive as I consider the vehicle to be a daily driver. Would I be better off to rebuild the TH350 that is in state of need?

·
Super Moderator
18,349 Posts
Where is the fluid coming out?

Chances are, if it's the filler tube, the tranny vent is just plugged up. It's on top, just behind the bellhousing.

·
Registered
685 Posts
barfing thm350

you should qualify the leak it may not be a big deal to fix,for example,a cooler line,which is pretty simple to fix,can leak a quart of fluid every 20 seconds.so check it out first.however we do a lot of conversions at my shop,700r4 in place of thm350 and the results are great,yes you do have to shorten the driveshaft,about 3 inchs,and sometimes be a little creative with the crossmember but this trans has a 3.06 to 1 first gear and in 4th gear the input shaft turns 3/4ths the speed of the output shaft,really drops the rpms at cruising speed.your choice,but you might want to find a local shop that does hi perfomance trans to build it for you,in case of a problem you want have to deal with trans back and forth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts