Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a th350 supposavely JUST BUILT, has a deep BnM pan and shift kit, 3500 stall behind a 383 stroker pushing 4-500 hp,ran great and shifted HARD, I just swapped the BnM shifter out for a Hurst quarter stick, I ran it around a few trips to town and back,ran and shifted perfect,used reverse 5-6 times no prob. I was at a cruise inn Tuesday night and I was leaving, I let my buddy drive and he put it in reverse and as he was backing he bleeped the motor just a bit, but it felt like it popped out of reverse and into neutral, so I put the shifter into Park, and tried to drop it into Reverse again and it seemed like it engaged but would not move, I shut the car off and tried to get it into Neutral but nothing I did would allow the car to roll backwards, seemed like it was locked in gear, so I put it in park, started it,put it in 1st and drove it home 1-3rd shifted great all the way home, when I got home I put it in Reverse and it wouldn't do anything BUT I put it in Neutral and it rolled freely, so I shut off the car and it rolled freely in all gears, I started it in neutral tried reverse and nothing, what the heck happen?? Is it something I can fix at home, PLEASE HELP the wife is PISSED she thinks I done tore up the car,LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
if its still working in all gears and was just rebuilt i would suspect that the piston in the rear of the trans has a cut seal.ive seen it many times where the seal is cut and it holds for a short time.that pison has square cut seals and is very easy to damage installing.you can check the reverse line pressure and see if its a problem with line pressure or mechanical.

there are many causes but so few of them are easy fixes you would probably be best off having a professional look at it who can drive it and properly identify the problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that is the problem I don't have any tranny guys in this area I would trust, we just moved here a couple years ago and it is almost impossable to get a honest mechanic to do minor repairs, none the less a performance tranny repair. I will keep looking and asking, thanks for the guidance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.