Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone else is whining, I guess its my turn to post a thread that is senseless as well.

Is it me, or does it seem that we're having ourselves a power struggle?

The younger guys vs. the moderators? (Although NO AGE is immune)

Lets all take a second and reflect on what we have here.

We have a sight that allows us to
1.) Pic the minds of other auto enthusiasts
2.) air our dirty laundry
3.) get stuff off our chest
4.) Meet some very interesting people
5.) You fill in the blanks, there's quite a few

Whats it cost us?
1.) Be civil
2.) get along with others
3.) Live by the rules of the MAN that put the site up.(Jon) AND by the UNPAID moderators. If you think its a walk in the park to put up with CHILDREN (not age, mentality) all day, then think again.
They love the site as much as you. THEY were selected as moderators, not you. Take a second and think WHY! Give them a break, if it were'nt for them, Jon would do it himself. He certainly wouldn't want to deal with the incessant whining every day. The site would drop off the map.

Our Options
1.) See "whats it cost us"
2.) Leave

Whats REALLY at stake here?
1.) Your "rights" to use obscene language? C'mon.
2.) Ur "rights" ta type like a bopper (no offense g's) ?
3.) Your "rights" to dictate your beliefs on running someone elses site? (Thats like spitting food in your hosts face.)

Let me put this as delicately as possible. We are ALL Jon's quests. Look at the Moderators as "waiters" if you will. Give em a hard time, they will spit in your dinner. Cut them the same slack that YOU want, and they are pretty decent people. I've had my discussions with different ones. THEY TOO, are able to have opinions, even though I'm not sure about Chucks... (J/K) Just because they are moderators, they should have free will to post any content just as we enjoy. Why the double standard? They keep up with the board, but aren't able to post, AND NOT GET PAID? How long would any of the Whiners do that? Nanoseconds? or would that be too long?

Lets just remember that we're all guest in Jon's house, and play nice, huh? Or Jon will appoint me "Sargent Suspender"!

Centerline, Halloweenking, HemmiGremmie, NAIRB 4 jawChuck , (and whoever else I forgot) nominated for Hotrodders of the Month

Thanks Guys!!

Jeff

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I'd take a position as a moderator in two seconds if offered, but I think the next opening will go to you Jeff, sounds like your campaigning for it j/k. To be honest you're 100% right because it is Jons board and he can make us conform to any rules he wants to, the only other option someone has would be to leave.

I guess it really isn't fair to take things out on the moderators, they just enforce Jons opinions/rules whether they agree with them or not.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Not whining...just the facts!

Without the GUESTS Jon has no house. So whats the point? Its called finding a common ground and not changing the rules in the middle of the game. This is NOT a kindergarten, its a shop atmosphere and the adults here sound like the adults I work with. Not a Sunday school class WTH?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I agree with TM454, find a common ground. Not that I condone constant swearing, but give me a break. There are some far more disruptive things going on here from time to time. Work on those.

bonuts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Re: Not whining...just the facts!

tm454 said:
Without the GUESTS Jon has no house. So whats the point? Its called finding a common ground and not changing the rules in the middle of the game. This is NOT a kindergarten, its a shop atmosphere and the adults her sound like the adults I work with. Not a Sunday school class WTH?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Of course there is the other side of the argument, which is also valid.

I've noticed that the only mods to take a stand on this issue are Narib, Poncho, and 4-Jaw. Others MIA?

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
nice sentiment, but I doubt anybody will change the way they post on the whim of anybody else. THe problem you're talking about wrecktifying is pride, and its generally not thrown out on somebody else's wish! I don't usually get too much flak, so ima just keep on keepin on...

K:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I agree.

Everyone here ought to be MAN enough to nut up and do whats right. Would you want your mom/wife/sister/kid/grandkid reading some of the stuff we post? They'll be able to, unless it makes it to the dump and tossed.

and you ALL know how i hate the MAN.

love you Jon!:welcome:

·
Kenneth Howard hates me...
129 Posts
You guys ever been stuck in deer camp with the same group of guys two weeks straight? We tend to just get on each others nerves after a while, But everything works out and you wouldn't trade the group for anything.

Deer camp = HR.com lounge

now wheres my lawn chair.........?

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
G/J-
I wouldn't be a moderator if I HAD to! Not even if it paid 50K a year! I just look deep into any controversy to see where the roots are. Again, I see all this as a lack of respect for someone who made the board. If you don't like his rules, move on. No one holds you captive.

Tazz,
I see your point, but ponder this. The board was here before you signed on. (Me too) It will probably be here after we leave. The Mods and Jon get a cadre of responses the WE never see. So , being that THEY have all the info regarding language, etc., I feel THEY are better suited to decide what avenue they pursue.

One question though? Why does everyone feel the necessity for foul language? I'm no prude, by any means. (Ask Dinger !!! LOL) But there's a time and place for it. And the management asked that this is not the place. Whats the big deal?

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
You guys would have been better off just editing it as we posted rather than telling us you're going to be cracking down on it.
You guys would be better off by backing off some of the more foul language so us Mods wouldn't have to edit so much. It's really not that hard to do and it would take a little less typing to get the same point across. No one is saying to cut out every foul word but don't try so hard to put them in every sentence.

Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.