Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 stick shift
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 weeks ago, we finally made room in the garage and brought home her 1966 c10 longbox fleetside. Her dad gave it to her several years ago one day when the family was talking about all the old trucks he has sitting around.

This one though, has parked in a barn since he bought it in the early 70's. That photo is the day he gave it to my wife and we brought it to our house to get the oils pumping again and see if it drives well. About a year after that photo I brought it out of the barn to clean it up a little, took off the work rack.

20180322_120216.jpg

Now it sits in my garage, and this is what I have started work on now that its next to my tools.

I now know why my father in law told me a couple years ago he doesn't use his mechanic anymore, after I asked him about getting some work done on a truck... this part time farmer, part time mechanic did all of what you see here.... but the 350 was put in by him a couple years after purchase, late 70's so I guess it held up alright?!

Well, here is the break in my story, thanks for reading, and here is what I have done so far the 2nd week of having her home. All with approval of the wife of course!

Next up is the cab. And the pictures from here out will be much better, the gopro is back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 stick shift
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on that board too, its a good one! I'm a motor guy so I had to start a thread here first.

Before I started work on it we went out for a weekend and I taught her how to drive it. She did great and couldn't have a better learning vehicle, this baby shifts smooth and nice wide gears like a big truck! I love not having to use the clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts