Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, my name is Dave, I live in Florida. I moved down here from Michigan with my wife and son about 8 years ago. Just recently my wife passed away(10-7-2006) after a lengthly illness. I took care of her for the past 4 years, Shes finally at rest and in no more pain. At peace with God now. Our son is home from Germany where he is stationed in the army. He ll be leaving to go back tomorrow but he will be back again at christmas time. Im sure goiing to miss him. I was terminated from my employment because I missed to much time being off for my wife. but after talking to the boss, I was informed I could come back to work when it picks back up, which won t be until Jan. Well at least I have something to look forward to. Things haven t been so great this past year, I just hope 2007 is better. Of course with all this crap thats been happenning I went and lost my house. why not hey? I keep getting people telling me that its going to get better. I guess I will just wait and see. Sorry for all the gloom but this is whats happening in my life. I don t wish this on anybody. Well back to the basics, I am 48 years old, I am on the down slide to 50...Eeehah!! I have a project car I have been working on ever since the mechanic I took it to decided to charge me a $1000 bucks for a new engine and then just pulled my old one out and painted it and put it back in again. NIce guy don t you think? Well after taking it back to him to fix the same things that were wrong with it in the first place, burning oil, fowling plugs, leaking oil etc... I ripped in to it myself, considering the guy sold his business and split. Anyway, I have a 69 all jumbled up here. Talk at you all later, peace out...Dave

Attachments

·
Lost in the 60's
15,245 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders..........Sorry to hear about your wife and other circumstances. Hang in there. :welcome:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome Dave.

Sorry about your wife and how life decided to reach up and kick you in the teeth. I haven't been through as much as you my friend but when we were both 28 years old I got tendonitis in my right wrist at work and got fired after 8.5 years. Had surgery, tried to go back to my job but the owner's son who had a wild hair for me anyways decided to pull even more K-rap on me. So I did like everyone said and put myself through college. Yep I had a degree and still couldn't land a job. For over 10 years!
Nothing quite like having to move back in with your parents. :(

Only thing I managed to keep during this was my cars. My (then) girlfriend threw me out, no job. Had to live in my car and cops just loved that. Took evey dime I saved to put myself through college.

I did meet this wonderful angel who doesn't mind my car habit during this time. We've been together for years now. :thumbup:

Please understand God does have something special in mind for you. HE was kind enough to save my oldest sister from Leukemia 6 years ago and HE brought my father through quadruple by-pass surgery the very next year.

Having someone to talk with does help. Car buddies can be a shoulder to lean on from time to time as well.
:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE:Welcomes & Concerns

I just want to thank everybody for their condolences to the passing of my wife. Also, thanks for the warm welcomes. Glad to be part of the forum. Your heart felt concerns are appreciated. Thanks again...Dave

·
Super Moderator
18,347 Posts
You are quite welcome Dave....................many of us have been through some tough times in the last little while, so we feel your pain.

Love the Nova....I have a Nova group, see the link below.

BTW, I am going to merge this thread with your original one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, I live in Port Richey, Florida, about 45 minutes north of Tampa. I have been here since 1998 when I moved the whole family down from Michigan. I miss michigan and I might just move back up there. Things have changed so much now. My son is over in Germany in the army and well you all know what happened with my wife. But I do have my mother (which I am living with at the present) and 2 sisters here, so I just don t know what to do. Hang around here for awhile and at least get my car on the road. Got too much money tied up in it now to just quit. Talk at you all later...Dave

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can relate to having TOO much money/time invested to stop now.

A guy I'm web friends with lives near Tampa I believe.

He owns a couple '57 Chevies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE:Too Much Money & Time To Quit

Hello everybody, I wouldn t be doing all this work again if I didn t have to. I already had it done if you saw my pics, but then one day when I went to go to the store, I started my car and it just died. I tried to start it again but the darn thing caught on fire. the carb I just had rebuilt was blowing gas all over and the sucker just caught on fire. Good thing I knew where the fire exstingisher was. So now I have to start all over again. So I figured as long as I had it apart I would put in a different cam and new timing chain, plus everything else I have to replace. Of course thats money I didn t have but I have to get it on the road because I use it for a daily driver. This car has been a jinx to me ever since I bought it. Oh well, such is life. Catch you later...Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts