Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now is that movie hilarious or what? I've seen it once like 2 weeks ago and I really wanna buy it.

It's the most ingenious movie ever! Turns out that it was a film school project and since it was so good they did a remake of it and it made it to the big screen. I recomend watching it rented so you wont have to spend $8 on a pointless movie.

"I love technology, but not as you as you, you see. But I still love technology......."

Mike

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
A guy at work saw it and told me to get it. This is the guy that everyone works with andwhen they tell you to get something,you don't,cause you know it is bad.Don't have one of those guys where you work?Sure you do,you are it.

So is it worth renting?I am gonna have to feel this one out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
RCastle said:
A guy at work saw it and told me to get it. This is the guy that everyone works with andwhen they tell you to get something,you don't,cause you know it is bad.Don't have one of those guys where you work?Sure you do,you are it.

So is it worth renting?I am gonna have to feel this one out.
I personally thought it sucked.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really pointless and plain dumb. But that's why in my opinion it's ingenious. All the movies you see nowadays have either lotta sex in them or lotta action and violence. 'Cause that's all that sells.
This movie is so harmless and soooooooooooooooo incredibly dumb at the same time.
If you like dry jokes and have a good sense of humour you'll like it. Or you might just end up sueing the movie renting place:D

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
uhh, yeah. If you're looking for deep meaning in the movie, you've missed the point. This is total, basal, slapstick stupid humor. I don't think you can say any one type of person will, or will not like this movie. Its just something to chuckle at. Heck, some of the PhD research scientists I work with thought it was hillarious. Anybody can like it!

K:D

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
"I'll do what I WANT! - Guyyy . . . ."

"I can throw this thing a quarter mile!"

"Tina, you fat lard, eat your dinner!"

"Sweet bike, front shocks, pegs. Lucky. Taken it on any cool jumps?"

Napoleon was by far the best movie last year. This year it's Phantom of the Opera, hands down. I have seen it 5 times already and plan on at least that many more.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
It's a great movie to quote, and for what it is it's great, but it really isn't that great. It can be funny if you want it to be.

I personally think they should have made it an R rated movie and put in lots of cursing and sexually oriented stuff. Lots of missed comedy opportunities going the PG route.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
It's a great movie to quote, and for what it is it's great, but it really isn't that great. It can be funny if you want it to be.

I personally think they should have made it an R rated movie and put in lots of cursing and sexually oriented stuff. Lots of missed comedy opportunities going the PG route.
I haven't seen this movie yet but I can say that any movie/book/play/poem that stirs emotions without vulgarity is a work of art.

How many times did you hear the Three Stooges, The Bowery Boys or Red Skelton say F- dem M-Fers and then bend a whore over a chair? None, not ever.

How many times have you ever laughed at them? Every time I see them I laugh. It's called good clean fun, too bad we don't have more of it today.

Larry

Uhh, ps. I didn't mean for that seem harsh. Just matter of fact.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
coldknock said:
How many times did you hear the Three Stooges, The Bowery Boys or Red Skelton say F- dem M-Fers and then bend a whore over a chair? None, not ever.

How many times have you ever laughed at them? Every time I see them I laugh. It's called good clean fun, too bad we don't have more of it today.
Well thats the thing, I would laugh as much during a 15 minute Stooges skit as I did during two hours of Napoleon Dynamite.

coldknock said:
Uhh, ps. I didn't mean for that seem harsh. Just matter of fact.
As a matter of fact you didn't even see the movie so shut the * up. Hope that doesn't sound harsh, just a matter of fact. (dude I'm just messing with you don't take offense.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.