Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I was hoping they would do something along the lines of using 2 drivers in 2 cars and having driver A come in (light goes red) then the driver B take off (when his light goes green). Then driver A charges and preps everything before B comes in.

If driver A or B crash the other driver can go out and get lap points. It could have a cool amount of strategy by having them switch drivers say 10 laps from the finish to have the driver racing be able to drive agressivly with out being concerned about conservation.

You could have teams or perhaps have the best 2 drivers on one team even if they had diffrent owners.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
While I like formula E.
I much perfer the hybrids that have electric "boost" and regen.

It is something they can adapt to a daily driven ride or added to a older ride(with a good amount of fabrication). Drive around with say a mere 300hp on a 8.5/1 engine then when you want an extra lets say 200hp you get a electric boost for a few seconds. Regen driving around on the gas motor then have that boost ready. Smaller(lighter) electric battery that the car is not dependent upon. But would allow for a smaller motor (potentially) to be used for general driving when 300hp is enough.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Instead of caving in to the greenies and moving to 100% EV, Formula One is shooting for internal combustion engines running 100% bio-fuels by 2030. Some even say this could be a return to the screaming V10s and V12s of yesteryear, while dumping the current complex and trouble-prone hybrid "power units".😀

Looks like what we'll see is a gradual phasing-in of bio-fuels for the hybrid "power units", and then hopefully a switch to 100% internal combustion engines.

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
I wonder what designs will be in place for battery protection in crashes & possible fires in a crash?

I lost most of my interest in NASCAR when they put a traffic lite on the pit entrance.

Reactions: wrp

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I lost most of my interest in NASCAR when they put a traffic lite on the pit entrance.
Sure is a lot different than when NASCAR filled the stands to capacity. All kinds of stupid rules, like making a guy go to the back of the field for some minor pit-stop violation. But, hey, intentionally run a driver into the wall, and that's OK!

One my NASCAR favorites is throwing a caution flag, even after the car has driven down off the track. And then waiting 10 minutes and 3 or more pace laps before going green, followed by another wreck on the restart and another caution period. Ad infinitum.

But other than that...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder what designs will be in place for battery protection in crashes & possible fires in a crash?

I think you are spot on. I recall many current safety innovations spawning from early NASCAR racing. It doesn’t appear the greenies have thought a lot of safety and efficiency concerns in the rush to take the right to drive away from 60% or more of us. A recent crash in Texas burned for hours, long after the people inside the car had stopped screaming. They couldn’t get the fire out apparently. An alternative future could be to sell tickets to seats on the interstate to sit and watch for wealthy entitled people to crash and burn in fires that are just allowed to exhaust themselves.

·
Registered
690 Posts
All this electric and bio is BS. What is the military going to use? Electric, corn juice, I think NOT.

Airplanes both commercial and military just gonna stay on the ground, again I think NOT.

NASCAR could just possibly go away ……… I could care less, it is a joke anyway. Stage racing and stopping for the stage. What a joke. Bought and paid for by toyota.

·
Registered
281 Posts
In the '70s and early '80s I was a huge NASCAR fan. Real men driving real cars at insane speeds! IMHO it started to go downhill (slowly) with the addition of restrictor plates. By the '90s it had picked up the 'downhill' pace. Now it's just a joke with rich 12 year olds driving plastic cars. I don't care if it goes electric. NASCAR has been dead to me for 20 years!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts