Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much time should you let slide by before attempting to wetsand a nason clearcoat application ? Also is their a time limit to wait for before using a finishing compound also ?

After doing that should more clear be applied over the existing ? I have 3 coats as recommended by Dupont already on it.

Thanks for your time
Kaycee

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
The longer you wait to wet sand (past about 24 hours or so) the harder it is going to be. Once you wet sand then you'll have to buff it out to bring the shine back, and no you don't clear it again.

That was the short answer, I'm sure some of our pros will give you a more detailed answer.

Centerline

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used Nason last summer on my BMW. Waited 2 or 3 days, then cut it with 3m Finishing Film. Worked great. I had a couple of bad runs that were still soft, and screwed those up a bit with the razor (I took a little bit each day progressively off the run...but got a bit too aggresive :(

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.