Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have searched the forums and was thinking of going Fulthane on my Ttype.

Its white and I'm going to stay with white, I read on the dupont site that you can mix clear with the paint to add depth. Is this worth doing? Will it make it easier or harder to lay down? Would it be effective to add a fine pearl to the mix to make it pop a little more or am i asking for trouble.

I like the idea of a single stage feed back would be good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
larrym said:
Alright I have searched the forums and was thinking of going Fulthane on my Ttype.

Its white and I'm going to stay with white, I read on the dupont site that you can mix clear with the paint to add depth. Is this worth doing? Will it make it easier or harder to lay down? Would it be effective to add a fine pearl to the mix to make it pop a little more or am i asking for trouble.

I like the idea of a single stage feed back would be good.
I painted my 29 model A a few weeks back with fulthane and it came out pretty nice.. has a very good shine... here are a few pics of it.. this is not sanded or buffed either. went on very smooth as well... and I mixed as directed didn't add any clear.

simon

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Theres no need for clear,you cant tell the differance between SS and BC?CC anyways dont add anything to SS it'll lay down in the wet paint.add pearls and mica's to BC/CC Or tri-coats or intermix clears (clear base coat) Never SS ,even metalics look like poo....Solid colors only

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atichargr said:
I painted my 29 model A a few weeks back with fulthane and it came out pretty nice.. has a very good shine... here are a few pics of it.. this is not sanded or buffed either. went on very smooth as well... and I mixed as directed didn't add any clear.

That looks great hope mine comes out that good :thumbup:

What color white was that?

·
Registered
183 Posts
larrym said:
atichargr said:

That looks great hope mine comes out that good :thumbup:

What color white was that?
acutally it is an off white but unless something very white is next to it you can't tell. That is my first ever paint job aswell.. A great guy named Mike walked me throught the process.. Yours will come out just as nice... "It's all in the prep work" right Massa?

Simon

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just painted a hood black with the Nason SS. I didn't add the clear--if I wanted all that trouble, I'd just go BC/CC.

I liked the stuff--easy to shoot, laid out pretty flat, and sanded and buffed up well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
larrym said:
Well I was quoted $200.00 for paint addtive and thinner.
Half some of the othe manufactures.
dont forget it's not a true urathane but it will last a good long time its pretty tough....I hope your using reducer not thinner ...thinner is for cleaning the gun,not reducing paint.....Cyclops,your bad to the bone ...great work... :thumbup: :thumbup: I can almost see myself in it ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reducer my terminology is lacking.....
I'll be an expert by the time I'm done.

Nice work on those hoods I'm inspired!

BTW cyclops your shop looks like mine........... busy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.