Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, this is my first post here, but i love reading this forum. did a project in nason ss low voc solid color, and need to blend a couple small areas. i have blended many times in the old days with sw acrylic enamel and rm miracryl. but not with this stuff. is there anything to watch out for. any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I'm not sure if i understand you right but any time you blend a SS you have to clear just like blending a base .Now if you mean "burn" the paint in thats different. burning or "melting" the edges in is pretty tuff to do and almost impossible with the darker colors...you'll have to be a little more specific about the SS,nowdays when you say "SS" everyone thinks Urathane ,nobody really uses acrilic or straight enamels any more because the urathanes hold up a lot better and cost about the same.... I guess the most important question I can ask is: Did you use a hardener when you painted the car? Nason still sells enamels that dont require a hardner...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you have done bends on old acrylic enamel you should have no problems with the newer stuff. I still do my blends the same it's just a little harder to blend out so leave your self a lot of room. Or as deadbodyman said scuff blend and clear coat your panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.