Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just stuck
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Natural gas has more BTU than gasoline, right? So, it should respond well in a high performance engine, right? Has anyone here set up a car with it? Since it's so clean, how does it do with emissions testing? Does it improve NOx etc? I've been wanting to increase the output of my more modern junk but try and stay as clean as possible too....

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
I have read somewhere that the home refueling equipment is approx. $4,000 and the fuel tanks take up a lot of room.

"natural-gas vehicles can achieve up to a 93 percent reduction in carbon monoxide emissions, 33 percent reduction in emissions of various oxides of nitrogen and a 50 percent reduction in reactive hydrocarbons when compared to gasoline vehicles"

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Help is here!

Go to the Speed TV website and check out the episode of "Trucks" that ran on 9/19 and 9/20 the whole show was about doing the conversion and should answer almost all your questions. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.