Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see the Aurora Borealis last night (11-7)?
There was a huge and long lasting display all night, visible across the US, from NC north and also visible in Europe. A guy in Australia also posted that the Aurora Australis was active also. The Sun is extremely active right now and more auroral displays are likely for the next couple of nights.

tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was beautiful from what I could see. The city lights made it a bit more difficult to see, but the greenish hue in the sky was still very prominent.
The next time I notice some, I want to go out to the country and view them in all their glory. Nature's phenomenons amaze me.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
I haven't seen them since I lived in Mn. Truly a beautiful sight, One scientists haven't been able to capture on film. Dan

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Had it over here in Winnipeg, Canada as well. Absolutely beautifull, I've never seen them that big. We get them every now and then....

Mike

·
King of my Man-cave.
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey! There may be some sparklers, too! The Leonid meteor shower peaks tonite. May see as many as 100 per hour. Now I'm SURE it's gonna be cloudy tonite!

tom

·
I dun learned sumthin
248 Posts
Up here in Duluth were I go to college it went right over us from horizon to horizon. It was really a sight to see. Never seen anything like that before.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
One scientists haven't been able to capture on film. Dan
I guess I should have clarified this, film as in a movie type of film. It doesn't film as well as the eye sees it. Dan

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
I was on my way home from near harrisburg and the whole way heading east I saw the lights. They where to the north over the top of the mt's. Green and red show. It was really nice to see something that is rare. I talked to someone today that said around here it only happens about every 15 years and this was more rare because we are in the center of that time period right now. I enjoyed it always a sucker for those things lol.

Chris

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Man you're makin me homesick for Alaska now. I'm pretty sure we don't get them in Tejas but the solar flares that make em good also mess up communications. Must be why my sattelite tv has been all wacky the last couple days

·
Registered
160 Posts
i was able to see it on my ride back to Rochester (NY). quite amazing, the fist time i ever seen anything like that. was also a nice treat toward the end of a long car ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts