Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at buying a 1984 chevy truck c10 with the 250 integraded 6 and a turbo 350 transmission. the head on the truck is cracked and not running and im having one heck of a time finding a rebuilt head . im considering a 350 engine swap but rather keep the 6 . any and all help would be greatly appriciated .

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Go onto car-part.com and do a search..I found lots of them but I do not know what part of the country you are in..

Sam

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
You could get the head from an earlier 250 that had the separate intake and exhaust manifolds then you can have some fun:Chevy 250 Inline Six - YouTube
Yes, you have to change everything on the top of the engine and fab linkages and exhaust. Then there is the problem of soft exhaust seats..

I can't get any later 250 heads locally for years. All the heads are cracked.

·
Registered
177 Posts
need 250 inline help

If you can find the earlier head that does not have the integrated setup you could do a lot for a little. I have one I just built for a friend and it is churning out 270 HP on an engine Dyno. The main thing is to get the head work done and use the latest technology. The head on this engine was worked over by Sissell's in West Covina. They truly know the 230, 250 and 292 Chevy inkline sixes.
Normbc9

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.