Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I ran in to a road block in tring to chop the top of my pinto wagon.I wanted to chop front more than rear and angle rear roof post more forward.?But curved glass won't fit top when cut.What I need is the advice of a professional customizer.who would you call?

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Which is coming first. Choppin then askin' or askin then choppin'? Just curious. And no...after you alter the angle of the post the glass will not fit correctly. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't cut the top yet local glass shop guy has cut a lot of windsheilds for chop jobs. He said he could cut glass for level chopped top but not when roof angles down in front.Said curved glass compicates things,will never fit roof flange once done. I have car ready to cut but won't do it if can't angle roof up.Don't have head room now[thought of all the tricks to get around this,no luck],don't see point in chopping so little you can't tell it's been done. Thought about chopping front half of car level[say 1 or 2 inches],to just behind door.Then making roof angle uo to rear post from there.Don't think that would look good though. Car needs some thing though pinto doesn't get any respect.

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
My local glass guy cuts about anything, you need to keep the flange aligned when chopping , that helps. I've always wanted to take a Pinto wagon and make it a coupe, move the rearwindow forward and build a trunk lid, the extra length of the wagon makes the lines so much better.

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,190 Posts
Sure hope he put a fuel cel in that sucker! Hey what if you made the windsheild a flat chop and then 1 or 2 inches behind it started your upward slant to the back?

Just a thought
Regards
Mark:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts