Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good undercoating that matches or is simlar to the HEAVY undercoating that Chrysler sprayed on my 72 Duster. This stuff is heavy and looks like tar and dried to a hard finish but in the trunk and under the fenderwells some of it peeled off and I want to make it look factory again. Does anyone make something this thick?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You'll just have to buy a can of each of the brands of undercoating at your lcoal auto paint store. There will be 3 or 4 at least. Follow the directions on each and see what the results are sprayed on a junk door or hood. It will be difficult to eexactly match the factory job (which was probably done at the dealership before delivery or the local Rusty Jones establishment) due to the nozzle difference in the commercial spray unit and the rattle can nozzle.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
3M body schutz is the best I've found, look for the 1 quart bottle with a yellowish-orange label for use with a body schutz gun. Don't be tempted to try some of the latex stuff out there-poor adhesion and texture IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.