Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding the engine in my 1993 K2500 Silverado with a Chevy 350 engine. I have a 14102917 oil filter/cooler adapter for which I have missed place the bolts.

Does anyone know what the bolt part number might be and where I can get them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Theyre 5/16-18

usually 4" long, but Id check your length. You could probably find them at home depot. Don't need a super grade for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
filter/cooler bolts

Theyre 5/16-18

usually 4" long, but Id check your length. You could probably find them at home depot. Don't need a super grade for that.

Thanks but I do not know the thread type. Anyway dei8fan found them for me. Thanks for helping on this.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Are you saying just dump the cooler altogether? I am a rockhounder and spent a lot of time in the hot Oregon desert.
Good synthetic oil is all you need to keep temps down.

Only serious racers need it in my opinion.

The oil cooler opens you up to leaks, and nasty engine bays like all those 90's GM pickups.

Not to mention the possibility of rupturing a line on the trail and killing your engine if you don't catch it fast enough.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,683 Posts
Oil Cooler are a great thing in my opinion. They also go along way too helping the water temps stay at reasonable levels too. If knocking off a oil line is a possibility than take some extra time routing them out of the way as well as quality hoses and it won't be a problem at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, but I think I will keep the cooler intact. Is there a way to insure the check valve is working properly? Will your engine stave for oil if it is not?

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
Thanks, but I think I will keep the cooler intact. Is there a way to insure the check valve is working properly? Will your engine stave for oil if it is not?
Not sure how to check the check valve for operation. If it's not working, it will lose prime after the engine is shut down for a period of time and may cause low oil pressure when you restart it until the system gets fully pressurized again.

I also think that there is a copper washer that goes with those bolts that you will need to use so it don't leak around the bolt heads but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know the filter adapter we use on our Sprint Car uses them.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I would get rid of the GM adapter and lines(which are prone to leak) and get an adapter from Canton that use regular AN fittings and pushlock hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts