Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello hot rodders,
i have a westscott 32 high boy project that is finishing up & want to register it in oregon with an original title. does anyone know Vintage Titles contact info or any other source for original titles for plastic 32's

thanks
james

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I have to warn you that what you propose is illegal. Those titles are sold as novelties and collectibles only and are not legal for registering any vehicle. If you use one don't be surprised if a tall gentleman with a gun and badge asks to talk to you right after you lie and tell the state that is really the title for your car.

Centerline

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
rockdaddy said:
it worked for me!!!
Trust me that won't work in a state that actually bothers to look at your documentation. And that still doesn't change the fact that it's ILLEGAL!

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I think someone will remember this thread for a long time :thumbup:

·
... & Insanity Ensues .....
933 Posts
I've broken the law ...

I've broken the speed limit, I've trespassed, I've used the cell while driving ... even stuck first to defend myself / friends in fights

but those are small potatoes compared to supplying fraudulent documentation to a state agency for the sake of registering a $30K vehicle

lets say your Sunday driving, and a kid runs into the street ..... but you - legally speaking- make it out of the deal ok cause u weren't breaking any laws ....

guess what happens if they THEN find out that your vehicle was fraudulently registered .... the accident might as well have happened in an unregistered and uninsured vehicle ..... and the accident automaticly winds up your fault, because you should never have ben driving on that street in that car to begin with

you would get charged just the same as if you broke into that kids house at night and shot him in the head

this board is about helping people make proper autmotive based choices .... be it what cam to run, what tires to use, or how to register their vehical

and for that reason, any BAD ideas or advise should be shot down ....

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
This message is more than 5 seconds old, and has self destructed.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I wonder how many of the guys who post 1 time that they are looking for a title are really cops trying to sting someone. This guy 59elky hasnt posted any more since 11/04. I did a search for "title" and found several more one post people searching for them.....hmmmmm

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Titles ... a very disturbing question and issue ... that comes up all too often ... :embarrass

There is no doubt that most all these title companies are basically providing illegal paperwork for cars that are NOT what they are supposed to be. It is called FRAUD ... and the state of California just busted Boyd Coddington and some other high profile folks for this ... recently.

Most states have a legal process of obtaining a title for vehicles ... but a lot of these folks ... want to BREAK the law ... and title their " reproduction ... cars " as the year they somewhat resemble .... for tax evasion $$$ and so they do not have to meet pollution standards. Some folks even try to misrepresent their " NEW " reproductions as original cars ... to increase their value.

Fraud ... plain and simple ... :smash: :smash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts