Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a pretty stout 305 TPI engine in my 86 TA which is currently making 220 RWHP and 273 RW torque. It currently has a 700R4 in it, and I want to do a T5 5 speed swap. There is a T5 non world class tranny that i am looking at which is very low mileage, and works perfectly. I need to know if this will hold up to the power my engine is making. It is a daily diver, however, i do like to race every now and then. Not sure if this matters, but i will be using a centerforce dual friction clutch with it. The tranny has the 2.95 first gear ratio, and my car has a posi rear with 3.23's. Will it be strong enough??? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought the mustang T5's were a little different (and weaker) than the GM ones....not sure if this is true, but just something i heard. Also, would anyone recommend a lightwieght flywheel? I am really going for fast acceleration, but don't want to have a high rearend gear. Are they worth the money or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.