Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Classic Car Guy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turbo 350 Internal parts

Hello anyone
Anyone know where I can purchase the Detent Actuator assembly for a Turbo 350 Tranny. I am looking for the pieces that connect to the Detent Cable and push the Detent plunger on the valve body. I had the tranny rebuilt a couple of years ago and put it away in storage for a while. I am now assembling the entire engine and tranny combo and discovered the missing parts. They were either left out during the tranny rebuild or not there in the first place. The parst are a lever assembly, retaining pin, and a wire that protrude from the Tranny and hooks to the detent cable going to the Carb. I hate to go to the junkyard and have to buy a tranny just for those parts...

Belair 57

·
Classic Car Guy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello anyone
Anyone know where I can purchase the Detent Actuator assembly for a Turbo 350 Tranny. I am looking for the pieces that connect to the Detent Cable and push the Detent plunger on the valve body. I had the tranny rebuilt a couple of years ago and put it away in storage for a while. I am now assembling the entire engine and tranny combo and discovered the missing parts. They were either left out during the tranny rebuild or not there in the first place. The parst are a lever assembly, retaining pin, and a wire that protrude from the Tranny and hooks to the detent cable going to the Carb. I hate to go to the junkyard and have to buy a tranny just for those parts...

Belair 57
:thumbup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
need detent parts for turbo 350

Have you tried your friendly neighborhood transmission shop?

Most of the shops that have been around for awhile will have that stuff laying around. Good luck!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Belair 57 said:
Hello anyone

Belair 57
If you cant' find them local I might have some in my spare parts, I think I got a few turbo parts left, valve bodies etc. let me know and I'll take a look.

·
Classic Car Guy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turbo 350 Internal parts

That would be great if you have what I'm looking for. Please take a look. The pieces are 1) Detentent Valve actauting lever, 2)the retaining pin that holes it in place on the valve body and 3) the detent control valve wire that sticks out the side of the transmission and hooks to the detent cable. Let me know if you have them and what would you like for them..
Thanks
Mike G.

·
Classic Car Guy
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be great if you have what I'm looking for. Please take a look. The pieces are 1) Detentent Valve actauting lever, 2)the retaining pin that holes it in place on the valve body and 3) the detent control valve wire that sticks out the side of the transmission and hooks to the detent cable. Let me know if you have them and what would you like for them..
Thanks
Mike G.

·
Administrator
9,766 Posts
I would suggest a non chain ( AAmco = chain store ) store shop .

The independent shops usually have more extra trans parts around for the older trannys.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Detent parts for th350

I concur! The shop I worked at, before I opened my little slice of pardise :pain: was open for over 25 years. We had so much 350 stuff we threw a bunch of it away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Detentent Valve act. lever .

There's a web site called 400Rapter.com If they don.t have it, they can tell you where to find it. :thumbup: your :welcome: gggoooodddd luck. (jim damdy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts