Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i thought up some new ideas but.... dont know how to run with them you know?!

im basically asking for advice on how i should approach the nova.... so im going to just list some ideas of what i want to do and hopefully you guys can give me advice on it.

##first thing is floors and trunk.... at first i thought to replace them both but then realized my floors really arent that bad...my trunk is but.... instead of buying them i figured i would spend the same amount of cash on por 15 to clean up my floors to prevent rust permanetly...(por 15 claims that its products might even strenghten metal)

## next i pretty much want to do clean up my subframe and the suspension and replace some parts as needed. does anyone recomend por 15 products to paint the subframe?

## finally i ask your opinnion on using a saginaw 4 speed in place of turbo 350.... i found one for 75 bucks on craigslist that needs rebulid and have found the rebuild kits not that expensive.

thats pretty much on the number 1 objective list for right now once i get that outta the way electrical will be the next thing i work on. so please just tell me what you would advise i do with these goals of mine

·
Banned
731 Posts
por 15 great , put some rust converter on first in bad areas
sub frame , best with motor in for ball joints and bushings , por 15 it , looks good , or that bed liner paint , if your not into gloss look .

i'd tear the 4 spd sag down if you bought it already , but depends on your driving habits on the trans , auto , you can squeeze the gal more and not have to parade your beer on the wheel with left hand while you shift with your right .
cup holders , you ever shift a standard with some guts in front of it , slosh out all over the place .
i like the auto , now that my clutch foot is busted for life .
as i said , depends on driving habits .
i miss my Muncie 4 spd :( :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol sorry about that man. but im 17 with big goals for my baby lol its gonna be a driver but still want to have some fun sometimes you know lol so as far as the tanny goes would you prefer it over the automatic... i mean yeah its fun to drive a standard but as far as performance goes....??

·
Banned
731 Posts
andy_s273 said:
lol sorry about that man. but im 17 with big goals for my baby lol its gonna be a driver but still want to have some fun sometimes you know lol so as far as the Tanny goes would you prefer it over the automatic... i mean yeah its fun to drive a standard but as far as performance goes....??
habit as i said , your young you say , try 14 and a 57 chevy in your grips , fun as :nono:
i still got it , and still got the muncie in it with a in line shifter .
same built 350 .
but i'm 48 now , and going 700 R 4 i guess and different motor .
i can't remember how many times i had to hand my cold drink back then to the passenger .
popped the clutch and throw-ed it all over them .
brakes was my first step back then , and shinny wheels at least on the showing side as you drove around the fast food drive ins . shoney's was our hot spot .
no sonic back then .
work with what your budget can let you .
but babies come first before your rides .
so remember this when you unload .
good luck in your decissions . :thumbup:

·
Banned
731 Posts
andy_s273 said:
thank you! lol so have you yourself used por 15?
yes , good product .
but i recommend some rust converter after a good wire brushing , by hand , cause you can eat through thin areas with electric grinder type .
a drill type cup brush on low speed will do .cordless type drill a must .
go under neath and do the whole underside with poor 15 it too .
climb in the trunk and do the underside and all the wheel wells , inside and out .
trunk paint spatter the whole trunk .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.