Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dodge 3.9 v6 (non-Dakota) and wish to build my own headers. I am an accomplished weldor and fabricator, however I just cant seem to locate a tube kit w/flange plates and collectors to fabricate a set of headers for my own application, any help in locating such a kit would be greatly appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
144 Posts
I cant help you in finding a kit but if you can fabricate buy a set of small block chev headers cut them down size them up bingo just a opion

·
Registered
144 Posts
I cant help you in finding a kit but if you can fabricate buy a set of small block chev headers cut them down size them up bingo just a opion

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try your local muffler shop. The hard part will be finding the head flanges. The kits consist of flange plates, collectors, U-bends, and star peice to seal the header tubes inside the collectors. If no one makes flanges, check your local metal fab shops. If they have an automated pattern burner, supply them with a gasket and they can cut some easily. The last set of v-6 headers I built (flathead ford v-8) I called Hooker direct and got collectors. Get a National Dragster paper and all the manufacturers are listed in the back.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so far, I'm just tryin to come up with an easy inexpensive move. often thought about usin 318-360 kits but the collectors keep posing a dilema in my mind. the head flanges are the same (less one port) but I cant help but wonder what the extra hole in the collector will do to flow (turbulence,etc) even if I were to block it off, another problem is that I need to retain the bell&clamp system at the collector as this is a street aplication, any ideas? thanks critter

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: critter ]</p>

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are looking for a flange, U bend kit, try Headers by Ed from Minn. They have everything you need, and at a good price. Good luck

Mac

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Is there an echo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link to headers by ed, I found it to be very helpful (although pricy) but then I really didnt expect to find anything cheap either
just to let you know, I added that site to my favorites. thanks again and I hope I can return the favor.......critter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts