Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a good source for 5 1/2" DUAL BEAM headlights (Halogen or Sealed Beam)?? :confused: :confused:

Have found plenty of vendors for 5 3/4", 7" and even 5 1/2" single beam (Hi or Lo), but not 5 1/2" Hi/Lo. :pain:

Appreciate any help. :)

texastomeh

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
texastomeh said:
Can anyone suggest a good source for 5 1/2" DUAL BEAM headlights (Halogen or Sealed Beam)?? :confused: :confused:

Have found plenty of vendors for 5 3/4", 7" and even 5 1/2" single beam (Hi or Lo), but not 5 1/2" Hi/Lo. :pain:

Appreciate any help. :)

texastomeh
Just curious what are you working on that has a 5.5 headlight, that might help locate what you are looking for

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to a Napa store and brows their listing for headlights, I needed a 6 1/4 lights once and we found a motorcycle headlights that worked great, I would bet you need a motorcycle light size also

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious what are you working on that has a 5.5 headlight, that might help locate what you are looking for
Bought a great looking pair of reproduction '41 Willys/'37 Ford headlight assembles. The buckets are for 5 1/2" diameter "lens". :drunk:

Go to a Napa store and brows their listing for headlights, I needed a 6 1/4 lights once and we found a motorcycle headlights that worked great, I would bet you need a motorcycle light size also
Thanx for the NAPA suggestion! :thumbup: I'll try that.

I have been looking at motorcycle sites also. Found a couple - but not really anything that I liked.

I did find a GREAT looking pair on eBay from the UK. They are Halogen and almost exactly what I want at a good price. Only problem is that the shipping is ~ $130.00! :pain: :pain:

Thanx for the help guys!! :cool:

texastomeh

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So the real quest is for Cheap 5.5 inch headlamp bulbs?

You've found something you like in England. Find out who the manufacturer is and then contact them for a list of retail outlets for their products IN THE USA.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find out who the manufacturer is and then contact them for a list of retail outlets for their products IN THE USA.
Great suggestion!!

Only problem is that these particular ones were "military surplus". :pain:

The seller did manage to get the shipping cost down to ~$95.00. Looks like I am going to pass. :nono:

Have been trying to run down some various 5 1/2" motorcycle lamps that may do the job. :drunk:

texastomeh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts