Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 Camaro stock 327, 2 speed Powerglide. Had the car a few months putting it back together, lots of "stuff" was disconnected. Have an apparent vacuum line from the 2 speed powerglide that's not hooked up and need to hook it up. Question is should I install a T connector between the manifold and the distributor line to get the vacuum to the transmission or do I need to go back to the drawing board? Searched books on carbs, powerglides, and 327 motors and came up blank here, please help! Photo of my mess attached, thanks in advance for any and all info. :D

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9971

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
You should have the distributor vacuum line coming from the carburetor................not the intake. The vacuum port you are using goes to the modulator.

DEUCE

:D

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Normally the hard line from the trans modulator attaches directly to that fitting on the intake with a short piece of rubber tube, but I don't see why it wouldn't work like you're talking about. Just don't connect anything to the PCV valve vacuum line, because the PCV system is basically a controlled vacuum leak, so nothing will get a correct vacuum signal there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts