Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chevy Truck Nut
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Because it had the fuel tank in the cab its narrowed down to a 50-52. Which is great was hoping for a 52 since thats what year model my dad is. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those windows are "flat glass" and can be done at some of the local glass shops here. I had a '51 Chevy suburban done. Came out great. There should be a place near you? You may have to look around to find the right guy. Seals and felt are available also. I've painted three 51's (two pick-ups) and have a '47 suburban coming to my shop soon. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Chris

·
Chevy Truck Nut
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those windows are "flat glass" and can be done at some of the local glass shops here. I had a '51 Chevy suburban done. Came out great. There should be a place near you? You may have to look around to find the right guy. Seals and felt are available also. I've painted three 51's (two pick-ups) and have a '47 suburban coming to my shop soon. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Chris
Thanks will do. I have 2 glass shops here locally that can cut the windows. Im about 10 minutes from Memphis where there are a few other places. I will be chopping the top about 4 inches so the glass would have to be cut anyway. The master cylinder was added by the PO and the cab corners have already been replaced. Going to get this in the garage this week and find some doors. Then the work will begin.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have two doors here and I found a place down south of Phoenix that has quite a few. I'm not sure on pricing, but shipping is also an issue. I'm not sure how to find out what year yours is. I think in 1951 they went to a vent window and changed the handle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Need help on Chevy Cab year

Jim Carter has parts for these cabs and is a specialty supplier. He has all you are looking for. Just Google up his Truck Supply. Also Chevysoftheforties.com is another vendor to try.
Normbc9

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.