Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1970 cuda with an A/T and the original car had the automatic shifter on the column. The last PO put in a floor shifter in and still left the column shifter hooked up. I am trying to get rid of the
shifter on the column but don't know what to do to disengage it and still make the car start and function. I can not take the key out if the floor shifter is not in park? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Remove the column linkage and use the floor. Leave the column position in park and remove handle. The key push release ring is deep behind and do not know a way around it. Other than lock it in release position. That ring has nothing to do with PRNDL location. in the 80's my 70 cuda had a floor shifter with the little knob left from the shifter. I left it in park.

My 71 currrent cuda is a 4 speed and has factory column. You can find them in auctions.

I have a floor console and auto shifter with linkage complete up in the attic. Sounds like you need the column.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.